Some Great Reward

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

7 1/2 Lifelong Learning Habits

I would say the easiest for me is to play. I am a naturally curious person and love learning new things either through formal or nonformal channels. My latest adventure (other than this 23 Things program) is taking pilates. I will keep you updated about how that goes. Hopefully I won't hurt myself. I also would say that I use technology to my advantage. I love new gadgets and after I start using them I don't know how I survived without them before. For example, my TIVO. I can't remember what it's like to watch a program at the time when it actually comes on or to watch commercials. TIVO is like my TV friend. Sad, I know.

Probably the hardest is having confidence in myself because I do tend to get frustrated if I do not learn something easily. Of course, you can't give up just because things don't go your way in life, but sometimes you can't help but feel that way.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lesley said...

I agree with you about TIVO - my husband was the one who initially wanted it, but now it's me who's hooked on it.

When American Idol was on, it was great to skip through the 45 minutes or so of fluff each episode!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I agree with both of your comments. I don't remember a time when I didn't have a computer or cell phone

2:27 PM  
Blogger Salad Days said...

I can't believe I waited as long as I did to get a digital video recorder. It totally changes the way you watch tv. No longer a captive audience to innane commericals for Tide or Burger King, I feel completely liberated!

On my DVR schedule:
Medium
America's Test Kitchen (a PBS cooking show)
Good Eats (another cooking show)
Deadwood (most swearing ever in an HBO series)
Almost every Turner Classic Movie

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home