Some Great Reward

Monday, October 09, 2006

More Blogs and News Feeds Added

I used Technorati to search blogs pertaining to Young Adult librarianship and chose the YALSA blog. Pretty easy with some quality results and I like the fact it gave related tag suggestions. Then I used Topix.net to search for news on the 2007 Iditarod (another interest of mine- going up to Alaska during the race is on my list of things to do before I die). One useful feature is the bar graph that appears at the top of the page depicting a time line with the frequency your news appeared over the last year. You can even click on the graph which will take you to news stories during a particular time. However, I thought I would like Feedster the best because you can search blogs, news, podcasts or all of them at once. Plus, the look of the website is really clean. But I found the quality of the results I got were a bit lacking. Or is it just me?

1 Comments:

Blogger HeleneB said...

Hi EditorChick- You're doing great! Keep up the good work!

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home